Sunday, August 19, 2012

The "Best Sandwich In America" - Roast Pork with Broccoli Rabe and Sharp Provolone - DiNic's, Philadelphia, PA


I finally had the pleasure of transferring one of these to my stomach. This sandwich just works- thin sliced, juicy slow cooked pork, the slight bitterness of the sauteed broccoli rabe, and the sharp bite of the high-quality provolone all meld together. I tucked into this one on a particularly stressful day, and it washed all of my worries away. The next time you are in Philadelphia- you should run, not walk, over to Reading Terminal market and grab one of these. The cheesesteak doesn't even compare. Dinic's is it- even the Travel Channel's Adam Richman agrees- he recently declared this sandwich the winner of his "best sandwich in America" series. Check out Adam's thoughts about Dinic's sandwich after the jump...


I also have heard great things about their brisket sandwich, and their sausage and broccoli rabe sandwich, btu I think I'd be happy sticking with this one, it's a keepr. Well done Dinic's!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this when it was on TV. If I am ever in Philly this is on my must stop by list.
    Can food be on a bucket list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw this on Man v Food. Definitely good for bucket list.

    ReplyDelete